Friday, December 11, 2009

carpool diaries: torture device with wheels

Jeeps: fun in the sun, wheee when you're alone, or maybe with one other person, driving down the coast into the sunset.

BUT WHEN IT COMES TO CARPOOLS, THEY ARE EVIL.

I sit in the backseat of a Jeep for my carpool. The seats are straight up and down and it's impossible to lean back, much less rest your head on the "head rest."

The seatbelt cuts right across my neck, no matter how I sit. It tightens when we hit bumps, and doesn't loosen up. Every morning we hit one big bump which makes the 2 of us in the backseat go flying up, tightening the belt even more.

By the time I get to work, I can barely breath.

If you are considering being the driver in a carpool, I beg you... choose any other car but the Jeep. Do it for your riders. Please.

No comments: