Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A birthday, a boat, a few great whites.



Yes, it's almost a year away, but I am really, really excited about what I just came across. THIS is it...this is what I want to do for my 40th birthday:

Two Day Farallons Shark Expedition!!!

omg, omg, omg. This is new, the 2-day option, and actually it's 2 nights as well. Check this out:

Friday: Check in to our "great white shark hotel" between 7 pm and 9 pm. the night prior to your scheduled adventure.

Saturday: We'll depart very, very early for the Farallons, but since you'll be safely tucked in your bunk, you're welcome to sleep in a bit. A hot breakfast will be served on the way out to the Sanctuary. As we get closer to the Farallons, everyone will gather in the big TV room for a presentation from our naturalist and a briefing from our dive instructor. Once on location at our favorite shark viewing spot, we'll drop the cages and let the fun begin.

Sunday: We'll spend the day cage diving and shark viewing and will be back in Sausalito no later than 6 pm.



So, who is with me? The boat sleeps 12. It's only $1175 (per person, but still..). Come on! let's make reservations now for next September/October. It would be a dream come true to see my favorite animal with my favorite people. I'm not kidding! I hope to make reservations in the next month. LET's DO It!!!

2 comments:

SJ said...

a few things will need to happen before we step foot on the shark boat:

1. writing a will
2. re-newing our wedding vows (esp. the 'til death do us part, part).
3. i should learn how to swim.

Anonymous said...

i SECOND THAT.

LIZ SAYS SHE WILL STAY HOME AND BABYSIT ALL 4 LEGGED CREATURES! iF WE DIE ALL ASSETS SHOULD BE LEFT TO LIZ SINCE SHE WILL HAVE ALL HAIRY CHILDREN.