Tuesday, September 30, 2008

make some noise in your stall, for god's sake

this morning i was pulled out of a deep, deep, deeeeep sleep. so, i was really cranky. (i just heard some of you say, "so what's new?" hush.)

anyway, the results of said mood:

• seriously contemplating the next step in my attempt to find the perfect career, aka...how to use my skills to help animals and get paid for it

• consider going back to school for multi-media studies (thanks to SJ for this vision)

• almost guffawing out loud when it was announced, in a staff meeting, that a person in another unit is pregnant and someone said, "see, everyone is doing it!!" uh, everyone is not doing it.


• realizing that one of my biggest pet peeves is when i walk into the work bathroom, and go to the second to the last stall, get ready to do my thing and then someone in the handicap stall next door makes a noise and scares the shit out of me. I mean, come on! make a little ruckus when someone walks in, to let them know you are there. i always mess with the toilet paper roll a little if someone else walks in. it's common courtesy.

• dreading the drive across the city to go to a 3:00 meeting

• a sense of low, deep seated terror about the future and what to do with my life.

happy tuesday!!

photo found on flickr. click here to see more rad pictures of Norwich State Hospital (mental hospital) in Connecticut. I was born in Norwich, Virginia. hmmm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"...and scares the shit out of me..." Maybe they're trying to help you. Tee hee!