Monday, September 8, 2008

It's official. I'm old.

Because for the first time, I couldn't watch the MTV Awards. Truthfully....I didn't know who half the people were. The guy with his pants falling down? Who the hell was that? The Jonas Brothers? I can't tell you the name of one song they sing. I don't know if I would recognize any of them if they weren't standing together on a stage.

Katy Perry, I only know because I think her song is ridiculous and irks me to no end...I didn't even know what she looked like before last night. Taylor Swift? I have no idea what she does. Is she a singer? Yes, I know who Britney Spears is...but she had a video out this year?? I seriously didn't know that. I was under the impression that she was busy being crazy all year.

So, here's the thing: I don't care. I am officially too old to care.

Further more, I don't watch The Hills, Gossip Girl, The O.C., Laguna Beach, One Tree Hill, etc. I don't even know if those shows are all still on the air. I have no interest in watching tweens, teens, and those under 23 date, be bitches, talk shit about each other, shop, or intern. (Top Model excluded). I have no idea why Lauren hates the Jenner guy hates the Spencer guy. Are those people even on the same show?

I find it really interesting that these people pepper the cover of magazines like People. Are 35+ year old women really into the sex lives of those not old enough to patron a bar? Because, that is just weird to me.

And, I guess I don't listen to the radio. Or if I do, I either listen to classical on my way to work so I don't ram anyone with the car, or I pop in a CD. And, I guess I really don't watch enough MTV. Does MTV even HAVE videos anymore? I'm starting to doubt that, because if Britney won 3 awards, the competition must have been pretty light.

See, not only am I old, I'm kinda cranky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That makes two of us.