Thursday, August 7, 2008

half-a-million dollar dream home

This is awesome.



"Property in a state of complete disrepair. Contractor's Special, Fixer, or Development? Not habitable at this point in time. $449,000"

See info on this beauty here.


"Not for the faint of heart" says the realty company handling the sale. Did the marketing writer feel like an ass writing that, looking at the price? I have to think so.

See, we love Bernal Heights, but if I hear about it being a "quaint, affordable, bohemian neighborhood" one more time, I'm going to freak out.

And then, there's this piece of work. Now, we know this house well because we walk by it all the time, while out with the dogs. This "house" is tucked in between two houses, and according to the info, is 500 square feet. That is 1/2 the size of the house we rent. And, often when we walk by, some dudes are having a party there. Construction workers maybe? I don't know, but it creeps me out, and I can spend under $10 to be creeped out by a movie, I don't know about paying over $400,000 for an actual house of horrors.















Just because I was curious, I looked for a $400,000 home in Albuquerque. Here's what I found:

No comments: