Friday, August 22, 2008

pffft.


I don't like today, despite the fact that it's Friday. This morning I was trying to set up a blog for Animal Care & Control on SF Gate and had all kinds of trouble with the password and email verification. Advice!: Don't try to set up a blog and the email for which that blog is attached AT THE SAME TIME. Turns out I didn't get the verification email because I hadn't finished setting up the email account. Boring story, but it really caused a technical drizzle on my day.

You know else had a bad day? Da Brat.

So, I've been thinking alot about home prices lately. By the way, congrats to my friends William and Dustin who are now home owners in Albuquerque.

So, say we find a home for $600,000 (this is just a fantasy, and hello, the average price for a house in our crappy hood is still $700,000) and have $100,000 to put down. How much would our mortgage be?



Now, $2900 divided by 2 = $1450 a month for each of us.
As if. Who can afford $1450 rent per person?

All I have to say is PFFFFFT. The city is going to be left with the poor and the rich before long, as us 9 to 5ers who don't make bank, and don't want to retire as renters, are going to have to pick up and move towards the hills (or the desert).

sigh. Is the weekend almost here? Maybe wine will help my mood.

No comments: